Friday, April 22, 2011

Movie Review #4 - Insidious

I probably had too high of expectations for this movie.  I had seen one preview, and kind of forgot about it, but a few weeks later I saw the high rating on IMDB.com and my 13 year old and 15 year old cousins told me it was the scariest movie they had seen (no offense but every movie they see is the scariest they've seen).  Anyway, I went with my Mom, Aunt and Husband and my Mom tends to laugh all the way through scary movies.  So that kind of made it less scary for me, not to mention half-way through it got really hokie and circus/funhouse-like.  It had potential but it went downhill.  I guess it was still an enjoyable experience thanks to my Mom and also my Aunt for spilling a ton of popcorn on the floor at one part!  oh and also the two of them SCREAMED so loud towards the beginning of the movie, the entire theater was looking at them.  


It's from the makers of Saw and Paranormal Activity, I find both of those movies a lot scarier and better overall.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1591095/


Ps.  My husband really liked it a lot, but he believes this stuff can really happen!   I HOPE not.

No comments: