Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Cookies

It's cookie week on the Pioneer Woman's blog.  It got me thinking about what kinds of Christmas cookies to make this year.  Here are some I've made in the past:

Magnolia Bakery Peanut Butter Cookies & Melt in Your Mouth Shortbread
Both of these cookies are amazing.
The Peanut butter cookie recipe comes from here:  

http://smittenkitchen.com/2007/12/peanut-butter-cookies/


And here is the Melt in Your Mouth Shortbread recipe:

They are always a big hit, these are the only ones I definitely make every year.



Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour


  • Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Whip butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, cornstarch, and flour. Beat on low for one minute, then on high for 3 to 4 minutes. Drop cookies by spoonfuls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
  3. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Watch that the edges don't brown too much. Cool on wire racks.

Original Recipe Yield 3 dozen


I also like these for something a little different.  The salt is nice.  I'm trying to think what other cookies I have made for the holidays.  Giadia De Laurentiis has a really good recipe for Oatmeal English Toffee Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies that I love.  Snickerdoodles are also good, and my Mom makes cocoa balls and butter balls too.


And just for fun, a few weeks ago about 8 of us (my cousins and aunt's) got together to make the family recipe for Italian Cookies.  Here they are getting sprinkled and drying.  They were good! 



No comments: